Climate contracts gain importance

The Swiss private bank Bank Leu has recently decided to make climate contracts (CO2 market) available to all investors. For this purpose, Bank Leu issued a CO2 Certificate with the underlying future for the price of 1000 tons carbon dioxide (CO2) at the ICE exchange (formerly: International Petroleum Exchange). Bank Leu estimates that around 70 percent of the certificates have been purchased by private investors and the remaining 30 percent by institutional investors or business clients.

Source: Schweizer Bank magazine

Find out more about climate contracts, by reading this special feature (published in the realtime magazine, download 2.36 MB).


Search


 

Categories


Archive


Last Entries